Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
- Location: San Ramon, CA
- Salary: DOE
- Telecommute: Not available. Position requires face to face interaction with our onsite customer.
- Do you spend most of your time in traffic thinking about how to solve certain problems?
- Do you try to squeeze in one extra line of code before you have to go home?
- Do you sometimes lay awake at night because you know there's a better way to do something (such as technical implementations, and supporting processes)?
- Do you pay attention to the industry and apply the latest best practices?
- Do you consider yourself a hardcore developer?
Amcom Technology, Inc. is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our product development team (full time). As part of a team based environment the position involves working on mission critical web based solutions that enable the efficiency and growth of our clients utilizing rapid application prototyping methodologies and rich internet application development.
We are looking for highly self motivated team oriented people who have a passion for solving both technical and non-technical problems.
Work closely with customers... As a consulting company, this position entails working closely with the customer throughout the entire life cycle of the project. From the inception of the project where problem definition and business requirements are defined, to agile development and release, and assisting in achieving project ROI.
Wear many hats... The primary role is that of development (80%-90%); however wearing many hats is a must. The various hats that can be worn, but not limited to, include: process engineer, release engineer, business analyst, I.T analyst, team lead, DBA, information architect, technical architect, usability engineer, designer, project manager, and product managers.
One of the advantages of working with Amcom is that your position can be custom tailored.
Influence change... Working directly with our customers, often interfacing directly with the President and Executive staff, this position is a highly visible one. The ability to completely influence from a corporate level the processes and policies of technology and business management are very prevalent.
Leadership at all levels... The position is a time demanding one, and requires someone naturally diligent, highly organized, self-motivated, extremely focused, and has a "do whatever it takes to win" attitude. Amcom believes in leadership at all levels - we expect people to step up and lead in their areas.
Opportunities for growth... As you grow we grow. All members of the team are critical to the growth of the company, and with that growth comes new opportunities. The further you progress with your talents and skills, the bigger the goals we're capable of achieving.
The Mission... Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create great user experiences for our customers and users; from the experience of developing software, to the experiences of the software itself.
- Work with team members to help translate customer needs into design/application specifications.
- Architect, develop and design detailed prototypes and Web/RIA interfaces.
- Work directly with clients to finalize application requirements.
- Document all forms of knowledge (processes, procedures, specifications, designs, code).
- Create and maintain database-driven web applications.
- Integrate online applications with back-end systems (Web Services, SOAP, REST, etc).
- Learn customer business models in order to lead technical solutions.
Required Technical Proficiencies:
- 8+ Years of Software Development Experience.
- Expert Level with Coldfusion 8.
- Familiarity with Frameworks and Design Patterns.
- Understanding of rapid development methodologies (e.g. Extreme Programming).
- Usability Best Practices.
- Systems Architecture, Data Analysis, and Software Architecture.
Desired Technical Proficiencies:
- Crystal Reports
- AJAX (e.g Spry, jQuery, etc...)
- Agile Development Concepts
General Business and Customer skills required:
- Close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively test and document your own work.
- Great organizational and time-management skills, including an ability to estimate project completion times.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines.
- Self-motivated and self-directed: We need someone who will proactively tackle challenges, and propose innovative solutions.
- Great communication skills: both written and verbal (Developers respond directly to client requests, so the ability to correspond professionally is critical).
- Properly assess and meet customer needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Anticipate customers' needs and communicates/pitches new ideas.
- Dependent on skills and experience.
- Tariq Ahmed (Manager of Product Development). jobs @ amcomtech.net
- Direct-Hire only, no recruiters please.
About Amcom (www.amcomtech.net):
Amcom Technology is a member of the Amcom companies located in the San Francisco Bay Area (San Ramon). The company provides premium end-to-end technology services from Web 2.0/RIA software development, to network infrastructure and business intelligence.
Amcom consists of two other divisions which include Amcom Data Processing (ADP) and Amcom Computer Services (ACS).
Amcom Data Processing was founded on April 1, 1973, and has been involved with the oil industry since 1978 with distributors and retail operations. The company currently has relationships with six major oil companies and specializes in the premiere software solutions for the Service Station industry.
Amcom Computer Services focuses on outsourcing, facilities management, programming, training, and supporting computer systems of small and medium sized businesses.